Monday, July 1, 2013

All stripes on deck

Now that summer is here I have more time to catch up on the NY Times fashion section and see what's what for the upcoming trends. For the past few seasons - or actually years, stripes have been everywhere. At one point it was hard for me to find an article of clothing without some sort of a stripe in the pattern. As I looked at some of the resort shows it was apparent that sailor looks are going to be really big and like the stripe-everywhere in the upcoming collections. I had a quick flashback to Downton Abbey when the Edwardian clothes began to soften and sailor collars and wider collars in general became popular. There is something so chic about a well done sailor collar that incorporates a youthful vibe without the cutesy uniform idea. It's always interesting to me to see how these trends emerge and how they will speak to the mainstream of fashion. I suppose if sailor is in then we will probably see lots of great pea coats too.

No comments:

Post a Comment